A very popular way of making shrimp in Spain is “al ajillo”, meaning sauteed in olive oil with garlic and some cayenne pepper. A 10 minute meal perfect for those who don’t like cooking or don’t have much time for it!
And if you like my recipes, don’t forget to subscribe, which will also give you access to the Keto Recipe Recommender.
- 3/4 cup (135g) of raw, peeled shrimp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 whole dried cayenne pepper
- Optional: fresh parsley to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Put the oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cayenne.
- When the garlic is brown (not burnt!), add the shrimp. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until they are no longer raw.
- Turn off the stove, add the salt and serve.
- Nutritional information, for the whole recipe
- 337 kCal
- 2.5 g total carbs
- 2.4 g net carbs
- 0.1 g fiber
- 19.8 g protein
- 28.1 g fat