I have been playing around with Healthfulpursuit’s recipe, and I think I found the Final, Most Delicious version.
These chocolate muffins can be made in the microwave instead of the oven, which makes them so easy to make that you can have these for breakfast every day - believe me, that is exactly what I do!
You can of course add a few other ingredients such as a bit of coffee, cinnamon, or even substitute the walnuts for macadamia nuts or almonds.
If you like my recipes, don’t forget to subscribe, which will also give you access to the Keto Recipe Recommender.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (30 g)
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds (21g)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 50 g 85% chocolate OR dark chocolate sweetened with stevia, melted
- 2.5-3 tbsp erythritol powder
- 2-3 drops of stevia (or to taste)
- 1/8-1/4 cup almond milk
- 30 g walnuts, chopped
- First mix the coconut flour, flax, cacao, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, oil, chocolate and vinegar. Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix. Mix well and add the almond milk slowly to get a not-too-thick batter.
- Finally, add the chopped walnuts and mix.
- Divide the mixture into 6 muffin tins (for microwave or oven, whatever you prefer).
- Cook in the microwave all of them for 6 minutes, or in the oven for about 20 minutes at 180C.
- Nutritional information, for muffin (makes 6)
- 170 kCal
- 6.1 g total carbs
- 3 g net carbs
- 3.1 g fiber
- 6.5 g protein
- 14 g fat