This recipe for burger patties using mung beans is a great way to get some legumes in your diet. Mung beans (green soy) have a very nice flavor, and if you let them sprout, the carb count will be lower and they will have more protein. On top of that, you can add any spices you want to get different styles.
It is hard to know the exact nutritional information for this recipe as it depends on how long the beans sprout for; I estimated the data sprouting them for 3 or 4 days.
- 1/2 cup (100g) mung beans (green soy)
- Optional: 30 g unflavored protein powder (such as whey or pea protein powder)
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter or ghee
- Other spices to taste
- Let the beans sprout for 3 or 4 days until they have roots of 1-2 cm.
- Blend all the ingredients until you have a thick paste.
- Divide into four and form patties using your hands.
- Fry each patty with 1/2 tbsp oil until it is golden on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Nutritional information, per pattie
- 149 kCal
- 7 g net carbs, 3.1 g fiber, 10.1 g total carbs
- 11 g de protein
- 7.9 g fat