An easy way to make your own protein bars, low on carbs, vegan, and only four ingredients.
This is my version, where I am using sunbutter, but according to the original recipe, any type of nut or seed butter will work, and you can change the proportions to your liking.
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 6 tbsp sunbutter, or nut/seed butter of choice
- 80 g protein powder (I use chocolate flavored whey)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix everything except the oil with patience. If it is dry, add the oil a bit at a time; i needed 2 tbsp. You should end up with a firm dough, similar to play-doh.
- Let it cool down in the fridge.
- Cut in 6 equal pieces.
Nutritional information, per bar (makes 6)
- 222 kCal
- 5.1 g total carbs, 1.3 g fiber, 3.9 g net carbs
- 13.7 g protein
- 18.1 g fat