“Sobrasada” is a typical spanish spread made primarily of pork fat and paprika. Quite honestly, it has always been one of my soft points: I love it! So when I found out there were recipes for vegan “sobrasada” made with sundried tomatoes, I had to give it a go.
I use two different recipes depending on what I have available at home, this one uses oats. It tastes like spicy paprika, and oregano, and olive oil… just try it already!
- 50 g sundried tomatoes (NOT the ones that come in oil)
- 20 g rolled oats (1/4 cup)
- 1 cc paprika, sweet or spicy depending on your taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or half a garlic clove
- Optional: extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- A pinch of salt and some black pepper
- Hydrate the tomatoes and oats in warm water (not boiling) for 15 minutes.
- Drain very well.
- Process all the ingredients and let it cool down in the fridge beefore serving.
Spread it on bread, make sobrasada and cheese sandwiches… whatever you like most!