These little coconut balls are one of my favourite things to serve during christmas. The original recipe called for egg and then required some baking, but I decided to substitute the egg to avoid the baking part!
They are incredibly easy to make, healthy, and so delicious!
- 250 g mashed sweet potato (baked, microwaved or boiled sweet potato, then mashed with a fork)
- 150 g sugar or to taste (can be substituted for stevia)
- 30 g powdered biscuits, tea-biscuit or wafer type (mine were low on sugar and vanilla flavour)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp vainilla extract (can be omitted if the biscuits are flavoured)
- 150 g shredded coconut
- Some extra shredded coconut, to coat the balls
- Mix all the ingredients to make a smooth mixture. If it is not thick enough to form the balls, add some more powdered biscuits.
- Form some balls and then coat them with the shredded coconut.
- Let it cold down a little bit in the fridge before serving it so they harden a little bit.