1. Fry the onion on very slow heat with a pinch of salt until caramelized.
2. Boil the rice about 6 min, until 80% cooked through.
3. In vegetable oil, fry the whole spices for a few secons.
4. Add the black cumin and let crackle, being careful not to burn it.
5. Add the garlic, ginger and green chili. Fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the chicken, vegetables and the rest of the spices.
7. Cook for 15-20 minutes; the chicken must be slightly undercooked.
8. In a greased casserole, form the biryani layers: rice - chicken - rice - onion.
9. Cover and let everything cook slowly for about 20 minutes.
10. Check that the rice and chicken are properly cooked before serving.
_Serve with yoghurt-mint sauce or with coriander-mint Raita._