Not eating eggs when on a ketogenic diet can be very taxing, since most breakfast involve eggs.
But now, you can make low carb and egg free omelets, customising the filling to your taste.
And if you like my recipes, don’t forget to subscribe, which will also give you access to the Keto Recipe Recommender.
- 1/6 cup (2 tbsp + 2 tsp) chickpea flour (20 g)
- 1/6 cup protein powder, flavor free (18 g) (I use unflavored whey)
- 1/9 cup (1 tbsp + 2 tsp) flax seeds, ground (18g)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 oz (90 g) of goat cheese
- 3 cups (90g) of fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Put half of the oil in a non stick pan on medium heat. Add the spinach with salt and pepper and cook for two minutes until wilted, then transfer to a plate and divide into three.
- Whisk the chickpea flour, flax meal, protein powder and water with salt and pepper (add the water slowly to avoid overdoing it, and add more if necessary); you should end up with a thick batter. Put the other half of the oil in the pan and add one third of the mixture.
- Move the pan to ensure it covers the whole pan, then in one half put the spinach and the cheese.
- Cook on medium-low until the egg is almost set, then fold on itself.
- Take out of the pan, proceed in the same manner for the other two omelets and serve.
- Nutritional information, for one omelet (one third of the recipe)
- 342 kCal
- 9.8 g total carbs
- 5.1 g net carbs
- 4.6 g fiber
- 18.3 g protein
- 26.4 g fat