Parsley, garlic and olive oil are a classic combination in spanish cuisine, and they are often combined in a green sauce that is used for vegetables or fish.
This is an easy side dish for a weeknight dinner or for serving up to your guests.
- 200 g white button mushrooms, only caps
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Red chili powder to taste (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Fresh parsley: a handful (about 1/4 cup)
- Blend the olive oil, garlic, spices, lemon juice, vinegar and parsley (traditionally, a morter and pestle should be used).
- Put the mushrooms over medium-low on a lightly greased pan. Cover with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes turning them halfway through, until they are soft.
- Take them out, sprinkle with a bit of salt and fill them with a bit of the green sauce.
- Nutritional information, for 1/4 of the recipe
- 104 kCal
- 1.7 g net carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 2.4 g total carbs
- 1.8 g protein
- 10.3 g fat