My favorite meal as a kid was, hands down, "Pollo en escabeche": Chicken cooked in an oil and vinegar sauce, left to sit in the fridge for a few days for the flavors to be even better. It is very easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. In this occasion I made it with tuna, but you can use the same amount of chicken breast, add one chicken stock cube and cook for a little longer. And if you aren't a big fan of vinegar, you can substitute some (or all) of it for lemon juice (although it will have more carbs!).
If you like my recipes, don't forget to [subscribe](http://maria.recipes/subscribe), which will also give you access to the **Keto Recipe Recommender**.
* 4 Tuna pieces, raw (500 g)
* 2 medium onions, sliced (200 g)
* 3 garlic cloves, chopped (optional)
* Optional: zest of one lemon
* 1/3 tsp salt
* 1 tsp dried thyme
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
* 1 bayleaf
* 1/2 tsp whole black pepper
* 100 mL extra virgin olive oil
* 100 (or 125 in my case!) of apple cider vinegar
1. Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and let it marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. Try to use a small saucepan so that the tuna is covered in the onion and sauce (if it doesn't cover it all the way it is ok, it will release liquid as it cooks).
2. Scoop out the tuna and leave on the side. Then, put the saucepan over medium low heat, cover and, when it starts to boil, reduce to very low heat and cook for about 30 minutes, for the onions to soften.
3. Add the tuna back into the pan, move everything around to ensure the tuna is covered, and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until no longer raw. Be careful, it overcooks very fast and you might end up with very tough tuna!
4. Take it off the stove and leave it covered. Once cooled down, put in the fridge and let it sit there for at least 24 hours, and upto 1-2 weeks.
5. Serve cold or at room temperature with salad and/or with cauliflower rice.
* **Nutritional information**, _per serving (serves 4)_
* 415 kCal
* 6.4 g total carbs
* **5.2 g net carbs**
* 1.2 g fiber
* **30 g protein**
* 29.1 g fat