Tandoori chicken with easily available spices - you have no excuse not to make it now, Marta !
- 4 chicken thighs, with bone (if boneless, should be around 800 g)
- 1 cup yoghurt (10% fat)
- Ginger paste - 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt (start with less and add to taste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Make slits in the chicken.
- Mix the yoghurt, lemon and spices. Try the mix to adjust salt.
- Marinate the chicken and let sit in the fridge at least 4 hours. Very important to marinate properly in this case since we are using less spices; otherwise the chicken might be bland.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Put the chicken on the griddle and a baking sheet underneath to collect any juices.
- Cook until dry and crunchy, at least 30 minutes.
- Let rest a couple of minutes before serving.
Nutritional information, for 1 piece of chicken (200 g, boneless)
- 291 kcal
- 3.3 g net carbs, 0.6 g fiber, 3.9 g total carbs
- 39.7 g protein
- 12.1 g fat