It is so difficult to make vegan keto pancakes!! Coconut flour gets really funky when not mixed with eggs… I always ended up having a blobby slimy mess!
I decided to adapt my previos keto pancake recipe, increasing the oil to get a more consistent batter that wouldn’t end up making crepes rather than pancakes, and using a flax egg (remember to let it rest 5 minutes before using it!). I like to use vanilla protein powder: depending on the brand, you might have to adjust the liquid (add a bit less to the flax egg), and if you use unflavored protein, you might want to add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and stevia to taste.
These are not super fluffy, but they require very few ingredients, they are easy to make and they make an awesome breakfast when topped with a piece of my keto chocolate!
- 1 flax egg: 1 tbsp flax seeds, ground + 3 tbsp water
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp flax seeds, ground
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla flavor vegan Powder (whey or a vegan powder) (2 tbsp)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Mix the flax, protein powder, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flax egg with the oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. You should end up with a dense mixture.
- Heat up a lightly greased non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, divide the pancake mixture into three and pour. You will need a slightly wet spoon to smooth out the pancakes so they are about 1/2 cm thick.
- Cook 5 minutes on the first side until, then flip over and cook 2 more minutes.
- Nutritional info, serves 1
- 309 kCal kCal
- 6 g total carbs, 3.8 g fiber, 2.2 g net carbs
- 13.4 g protein
- 27.1 g grasa